- This event has passed.
Keys to Success in Deploying a Product Cost Management Strategy
August 3, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Even best-in-class manufacturing companies can miss their cost targets when launching new products. Design changes can often lead to costly rework and part sourcing costs can wildly fluctuate wildly based on changing market conditions. You must ensure that high quality products are delivered, but in a cost structure that makes sense.
Join us August 3 to hear how one manufacturer overcame these challenges by implementing a strategic product cost management initiative within an Engineer-to-Order (ETO) and Assembly-to-Order (ATO) environment. CIRCOR (NYSE: CIR) designs, develops, manufactures and sells flow control products and solutions into Energy (Oil & Gas) and Advanced Flow Solution (aerospace, power, process and industry) markets.
Learn how CIRCOR’s project team:
- Engaged Executive Management in the project definition and technology partner selection process.
- Configured and implemented a modern product cost management technology that reduced cost estimation time from days to minutes.
- Reduced product cost on a complex Disk Stack Assembly by more than 69%
- Enhanced their Stage-Gate process to include manufacturing cost as a key review parameter
- Significantly reduced “surprises” at the end of the design cycle.
VP Engineering, Fellow
Technology & Processes
Nick Williams joined CIRCOR in October 2012 as VP Engineering CIRCOR Flow Technologies. Prior to that he spent 7 years with Crane Energy Flow Solutions and 15 years with Tyco Flow Control as Director Engineering. Prior to that he held various leadership positions in Engineering and Quality Assurance in a variety of Aerospace and Defense companies within the U.S. and UK. Williams holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Portsmouth Polytechnic University, Portsmouth, England. He also has studied Polymer Science at the University of Akron University and UCLA and is Six Sigma Black Belt certified.
This webinar will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the webinar.