Manufacturing: Today and Tomorrow
Productivity in the U.S. is at an all-time high, but we must prepare today’s manufacturers for tomorrow’s challenges to ensure continued success.
Manufacturing has come a long way…
- Today, U.S. output is almost 2.5 times 1972 levels
- Manufacturers have learned to adapt to an ever-changing industry and the rise of China
- Innovation, flexibility and agility are key for manufacturers’ success today and into the future
…but still has a long road ahead.
- By 2030, 77 percent of skilled baby boomers will have left the workforce
- 67 percent of manufacturers report a moderate to severe shortage of qualified workers
- 56 percent anticipate the shortage to grow worse in the next three to five years