Williamsport Inventor’s Club
The Williamsport Inventor’s Club is a forum to help inventors turn their ideas into commercially viable products. The Club offers a structured meeting environment and provides valuable information to members based on interests and topics that provide clarity to inventors.
Members understand and utilize a world-class product development process, and are invited to request an opportunity to present their idea to the group in a club-recommended format to gather unbiased feedback from other members.
How does the Inventor’s Club work?
- The Club is an informal association with no legal ties to any group, but receives support and encouragement from the Williamsport/Lycoming Keystone Innovation Zone (KIZ) hosted by IMC, Inc. and from SCORE.
- Membership is open to anyone who agrees to the organization’s values.
- Meetings are generally held on the 4th Wednesday of every month, but may change due to availability of guest speakers, etc.
- Individuals who are interested in attending a meeting for the first time are asked to come 15 minutes prior to the meeting start time for an introduction and orientation session hosted by the Club President.
- Learn from presentations by topic experts
- Connect with like-minded inventors
- Access to a broad resource/service provider network
- Leverage others’ experiences to share, learn and save time, energy and money
- Opportunity to receive constructive feedback on your idea from other members
- Access to the latest information to support your business venture
Inventor’s Club Values
The sharing of members’ experiences can help others move their project along. The group has been together since 2007 and members have broad backgrounds and numerous years of experience with many hard-learned lessons. Members want to share, learn from others, and make progress forward with their ideas.
Receiving constructive feedback from fellow inventors provides insights and possible ways to improve members’ ideas and projects.
Members want to learn from experts who can help them avoid pitfalls and scams.
Inventors can share their innovative ideas without fear or hesitation as all who attend meetings must sign a nondisclosure agreement.
How do I learn more or join?
Contact IMC at 570-329-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the www.imcpa.com “events” page for upcoming meeting details and register to attend your first meeting. Guests are asked to come 15 minutes prior to the meeting start time for a brief club orientation with the Club President.