You can nominate a manufacturing company CEO, president and/or chairman to be considered for this award that will be presented on April 28, 2016 at our Annual Conference Dinner at Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel, Arlington, VA.
This first Advanced Manufacturing Leadership Award ceremony will be our annual signature event, celebrating excellence in manufacturing leadership and honoring a corporate executive who is transforming his/her company during an era of profound change.
If you have a candidate whom you believe deserves recognition for the leadership he/she is providing to give new focus and purpose to his/her advanced manufacturing company, we invite you to send us a nomination for that senior executive.
Please complete the following Nomination Form and submit it to NACFAM by December 15, 2015.
Listed below are nine criteria which we feel are important in measuring the effectiveness and vision of a candidate for this award. Please use them in preparing your Letter of Nomination.
• Build greater public awareness of the importance of advanced manufacturing in the economy of their community and region.
• Enhance the image of advanced manufacturing, especially with customers, supply chains, educators, parents and students.
• Stimulate and support greater employee innovation of manufactured processes and products.
• Develop the company’s strategy and direction by obtaining periodic input from employees and members of the extended enterprise, including suppliers and customers.
• Transform the business so it can succeed in the ever-changing global marketplace.
• Promote innovation everywhere within the company, extending beyond traditional product R&D to encompass all parts of the enterprise ecosystem.
• Recognize that change is on-going within the global economy and has a continuing impact on company growth and competitiveness.
• Support company programs and public initiatives that connect current and future workers with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in advanced manufacturing jobs and careers.
• Support educational programs that introduce students and educators to STEM-skills needed in advanced manufacturing jobs and careers.
Letter of Nomination
As the first step in developing your Letter of Nomination, prepare and include a 300 word summary of your candidate’s leadership accomplishments as the CEO, President and/or Chairman of his/her advanced manufacturing company.
Second, select as many of the Nominating Criteria (see above) that pin point the actions your candidate has taken to improve and/or positively change the company, thus making it more profitable and competitive in an era of significant economic and technological change.
In the second segment of your Letter of Nomination, 1) list each criterion you have selected and 2) summarize in 150 words or less for each criterion what your candidate is successfully accomplishing – or has successfully done – to provide the leadership that is making his/her organization a more successful manufacturing company … and producing greater value for its stockholders, customers, supply chain members and employees.
Example of How Can You Develop a Summary for a Particular Criterion
Criterion: “Build greater public awareness of the importance of advanced manufacturing in the economy of their community and region.”
Response: “Jane Leader is being nominated for this award for successfully persuading the leaders of her community to invest $xx billion in regional infrastructure improvements, thus enabling her company to expand its manufacturing operations and increase new-product xxxxxx exports to customers in xxxxxx.”
Feel free to attach any related reports, articles or press releases that support your candidate’s accomplishments for any criterion you select. Executive summaries of reports in particular are requested.
Submission of Letter of Nomination
E-mail your Nomination Package (Candidate Information, Nominator Information, Letter of Nomination and back-up material, if part of your proposal), to Fred Wentzel at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than December 15, 2015.
As an option, you may send your Nomination package by USPS, Fed Ex or UPS to Fred Wentzel dated no later than December 15, 2015 to: NACFAM, Suite 800, 2025 M Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036.
The award winner will be notified by phone and e-mail by no later than January 15, 2016.
The announcement of the Advanced Manufacturing Leadership Award winner will be made in the January 18, 2016 edition of “Manufacturing Trends.”
Any Questions ???
If you have any questions, call Fred Wentzel at 202-367-1247 or e-mail him at email@example.com .