TOUR and COURSE DESCRIPTION
The morning tour of Nielsen-Kellerman’s 25,000 foot facility will show many lean philosophies and tools in action including:
- Mature pull-kanban system controlling materials purchasing and accessory production;
- Virtual pull system controlling all multi-stage production lines;
- Visual measures and metrics at most major function areas;
- Skills matrix and skills-based compensation system;
- Lean R&D lab and project tracking system;
- Lean approach to accounting.
The afternoon workshop will focus on a simulated “Andon Light” event, demonstrating how this system:
- Teaches employees how to recognize and act on opportunities for improvement;
- Builds problem-solving “muscle” in every department;
- Improves quality, reduces defects, increases throughput and reduces waste;
- Reinforces a culture of excellence and involvement.
You will see the exact steps, tools and techniques employed by Nielsen-Kellerman to empower employees and teach them when and how to speak up and STOP their process to identify and eliminate the root cause of any problem using a guided, tiered, standard process. Scripts, templates and plans to get started harnessing the power of STOP right away will be provided. Any open time in the afternoon will be used to answer questions relating to the morning tour.
Click here for agenda and to register.