- This event has passed.
Doing Business with the Commonwealth of PA & the Federal Government
April 10, 2014 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Pennsylvania Dept. of General Services (DGS) purchases more than $4.5 billion in goods and services each year and establishes procurement policy and procedures for most Commonwealth agencies. The Commonwealth made significant changes to its procurement program including the development of a small business certification program and small diverse business verification program.
Gayle Nuppnau of the DGS, Bureau of Small Business Opportunities will present topics including:
- Learn how to self-certify as a small business
- Learn how to locate self-certified small businesses
- Learn how to locate opportunities
- Learn how to network and market your company to state agencies
- Learn about the new verification program for small diverse businesses
The last portion of the workshop will include information on how to do business with the federal government. SEDA-Council of Governments Procurement Technical Assistance Center will present topics including:
- Locating Bidding Opportunities
- Valuable Internet Resources
- Small Business Programs
- Certification and Registration Requirements
This event is co-sponsored by IMC, Bucknell University SBDC and Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce.