Classification Under the U.S. Harmonized Tariff & Schedule B
February 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
An understanding of the Harmonized System is essential for Importers and Exporters alike. Proper classification under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule or Harmonized Schedule B is a regulatory requirement under the Customs Modernization Act and export control regulations.
We will also discuss how they affect the new “Countervailing Duties” on goods from China & other origins. This program will provide those new to importing, exporting or the seasoned professional a solid understanding of the classification process. It will also benefit anyone involved in determining eligibility for us Free Trade Agreements.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT?
- Understand the Harmonized System and when to use the harmonized Tariff or Schedule B
- Master the general Rules of Interpretation, General Notes and Trade Preference Provisions to correctly classify your imports for advantageous duty rates
- Learn how product modification, trade agreements, and preference programs can reduce duty paid
- Learn how to obtain classification ruling from USBP or other government agencies
- Learn what “tools” are out there to assist with your classification process
- Avoid fines, penalties overpayment of duties and other regulatory compliance problems