Lean Manufacturing Level One Certification
(8 session, in-person program held in Lycoming County, PA)
What is Level One Certification?
Lean Manufacturing is a customer-centric philosophy used by companies to continually reduce waste and improve their products. Lean methodologies help companies and leaders identify places and processes for improvement, to problem solve and implement change.
Lean Manufacturing Level One Certification is a comprehensive series of workshops introducing Lean principles. You will learn to distinguish value-added from non-value added activities to eliminate costly waste. A great starting point for an individual and company’s Continuous Improvement journey, the Level One Certification is a pragmatic, hit-the-ground-running, hands-on approach that applies acquired workshop knowledge to the workplace.
You will learn how to discover improvement opportunities within your company and how to capitalize on them in a team-based format to create real value through reduced costs, increased cash flow and improved customer satisfaction.
Register now for only $1,995!
This eight-module (day) program has the following topical sessions:
- A3 Thinking & Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Root Cause & Standard Work
- Effective Communication & Principles of Daily Improvement
- Plant Tour & Project Coaching
- Leading Through Change & Visual Workplace
- Teams & Changeover Reduction
- Team Presentation & Graduation
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Understand how to recognize and eliminate waste through the cycle of PLAN-DO-CHECK-ACT
- Know how to determine value added, non-valued added and necessary non-value-added activities
- Identify the value stream, how it’s mapped and how to identify the areas that require improvement
- Develop a road map and an implementation plan
- Understand and apply lean tools such as value stream mapping, workplace organization, change management, teaming and kaizen methodology
- Turn data into actionable information in order to quantify problems and prioritize countermeasures
- Understand “KATA” methodology and how to use a structured approach to coaching that drives continuous improvement
thinking and acting down to the contributor level
Why should you attend?
- Gain knowledge for using A3 methodologies, improving team communication, reducing collaboration challenges
- Learn the value stream mapping (VSM) process to help you identify waste, reduce lead times, standardize workflows keeping costs low, efficiencies high
- Boost team productivity by making every minute count, streamlining processes to reduce waste, create a safe workplace that fosters innovation
- Improve communication in all levels of your organization, changing hurdles and obstacles into opportunities for change and transition
- Create an individualized roadmap linked to your company objectives that ends frustration and misunderstanding during team efforts
Along with these and other concepts, you will attend a plant tour to help illustrate and use the techniques taught to identify improvement opportunities at a manufacturing facility.
The workshop series concludes with participant project presentations fostering constructive dialogue and feedback with peers.
- There will be numerous opportunities to network with peers, gain insights from manufacturing operations that are different from your own and build essential skills that will inspire you for improved performance.
- There will be a plant tour, allowing you to see the application of Lean best practices in a real-world situation.
- You will receive a 298 page, 12-tab three ring binder complete with all materials necessary for the course.
- Stylish commemorative award and certificate of completion (upon successfully completing).
- Light breakfast and lunch during session days.
Unless otherwise noted all sessions will be held at the Penn College Earth Science Center just outside of Williamsport, in Montgomery, PA (Lycoming County). Please see map.
All sessions are in-person and will start promptly at 8:00 AM and will typically end by 4:30 PM. (Light breakfast and lunch are provided.)
- February 1
- February 15
- February 29
- March 14
- April 11
- April 25
- May 9
- May 23
Who Should Attend:
Production or process managers/supervisors, front-line leaders/supervisors, operations managers, quality control leaders, shift leaders, small business owners, and others who want to increase their knowledge of manufacturing methodologies and advance in their profession.
This program typically fills to capacity long before to the registration deadline. Why wait?
Register today for only $1,995!
Winter 2024 Lyco Cty Lean Level One Certification Flyer
Taught by Lean Master Jeff Kopenitz
This training qualifies for WEDnetPA funding for qualified participants. Not familiar with WEDnetPA funding, contact IMC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 326-9467.