Qualify for the Williamsport/Lycoming Keystone Innovation Zone
You can qualify for the Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ Program as a KIZ Client, KIZ Company, or both.
KIZ Client Criteria
Individuals or companies that fit the following criteria can apply to work with the Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ:
- You live in Lycoming County (or you are a current student or faculty member at Lycoming College or Pennsylvania College of Technology).
- You are developing an innovative product or technology in a KIZ targeted industry. The WLKIZ targets but is not limited to: Diversified Manufacturing, Plastics, Wood Products, or Information Technology.
- You intend to start a business in the WLKIZ designated zone.
- You are willing to provide the WLKIZ with information as requested.
- You are open-minded to ideas, suggestions, and feedback.
KIZ Client Qualification
If you meet these requirements, complete the KIZ Potential Client Worksheet. This is a good option if you are still in the development stages and would like to be considered for a no-cost initial consultation from WLKIZ. This will give you a better idea of how IMC and WLKIZ can help you through your product development and business start-up journey. The questionnaire is a tool that we use to gain an understanding of your idea, how far along you are, and what support you might need to move forward. (Bonus for you – it also is a great start to creating a business plan.)
Once you fax your completed questionnaire to 570-329-1440 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will review and evaluate for WLKIZ qualification.
KIZ Company Qualification
The company must meet all other requirements of the program. This currently includes, but is not limited to, a reporting/update requirement twice a year (mid-year and end-of-year) to the state on the progress of your company. WLKIZ companies must also obtain a DUNS number from Dun & Bradstreet. Other requirements may be added without prior notice. Not meeting requirements of the program will affect the company’s KIZ designation and access to grant opportunities and the KIZ Tax Credit Program.
The KIZ Coordinator will then evaluate the information and make a qualification decision. Once a company is qualified for KIZ, the company can take advantage of our programs.
Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ Zone Locations
The Williamsport/Lycoming Keystone Innovation Zone requires KIZ qualified start-up companies to locate their businesses in one of 6 designated zones in the Williamsport area:
- Lycoming Launch Pad at 136 Catawissa Ave. has partnered with Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ to offer small KIZ Company start-ups with space and services.
- Please note that since this map was published, the Central Business District (CBD) expanded east toward Basin Street. This expanded CBD is part of the Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ. For the current CBD map, please contact the City of Williamsport’s Community & Economic Development Office.
Get started with the KIZ today.
Fill out the form at the top right to contact us.