- This event has passed.
What Really Happens During an OSHA Inspection
August 15, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
During this lively webinar presentation, you’ll hear about some of the biggest mistakes made by an employer, managers, supervisors and other company representatives during an OSHA inspection. For instance, you do have the right to set the ground rules for any inspection, but it’s probably not in your best interest to demand a search warrant before allowing an inspection.
If safety leaders have an understanding of what their company’s rights are during an OSHA inspection, they’ll be more effective in defending OSHA citations and protecting workers. This webinar will discuss OSHA inspections, including the government’s tactics during inspections, including walkarounds, witness interviews, and document requests, and employers’ rights. You’ll learn how to act, how to react, and how to be proactive before OSHA even arrives.
After attending this webinar, attendees will:
- The tactics used by OSHA to get the citations they are seeking.
- What your rights are when it comes to OSHA inspectors coming onto your property and into your facility.
- Know how to respond to an accident to prepare for an OSHA inspection and third-party claim.
- Have a plan in place to prepare for an OSHA inspection.
- Understand the ramifications of issues, including matters relating to employee testimony, arising during an OSHA inspection.
- Be able to put procedures in place to enhance employee safety.
Travis Vance, Partner, Fisher Phillips
Travis Vance is a partner in the firm’s Charlotte office. He has tried matters across several industries and various subject matters, including employment litigation, business disputes and matters prosecuted by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Travis has emerged as a thought leader in the field of workplace safety. His writing and interviews are followed closely by experts in the safety arena and have been featured in premiere publications such as Business Insurance, EHS Today, and the Wall Street Journal.