BLaST Intermediate Unit 17 is seeing to identify manufacturers that would be interested in partnering with them on their summer virtual internship program.
- When: Summer 2021, June-August (as determined by industry partner)
- What: 60-hours, Virtually-Based, Project-Based and Possibly Paid
- Who: High School Juniors and/or Seniors (Bradford, Lycoming, Sullivan, Tioga Counties) Industry partners are NOT limited to these four counties.
- Additional Pilot Program Details:
- Student Interns complete projects designed to support the industry partner as determined by the Industry Partner.
- Goal: to provide an opportunity for interns to grow their professional skills and assist with their career decision-making/planning process.
- Industry Partners may host individual student interns or a pair of student interns, which might maximize the output of a virtually-based internship experience.
- The weekly schedule will be determined in advance by Industry Partners & Interns.
- Industry Partners will be asked to assign a mentor to work with student intern(s).
- A weekly seminar providing support and guidance to student interns will be provided by IU staff.
- Industry Mentors will be invited to attend the student’s virtually-based final presentation.
- Industry Partners will complete a brief program evaluation and sign a Certificate of Completion.
Christina (Chris) L. Herman
BLaST Intermediate Unit 17
Cell: (570) 713-0763