5 Essential Elements of Workplace Health and Safety – How to Reevaluate and Improve Your EHS Processes
October 11 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
The biggest fear when it comes to workplace health and safety is that something will get missed…and then that “something” becomes a serious compliance issue, fine, or worse: an accident. If this is your situation – if you find yourself responsible or partly responsible for the health and safety of your people but are worried there is some key element you are missing – we have you covered.
To start, you need to ensure that your system – how you, your company, and employees go about their health and safety processes – covers five essential elements.
Join Jill James, Chief Safety Officer at HSI, former OSHA inspector, and 28-year veteran in the health and safety space as she discusses the following elements and how all safety champions – whether you’re new to the game, already a seasoned EHS leader, or you wear many hats – can reevaluate and improve your processes.
- Administrative must-haves: Why you need a paper trail, and what are the specific workplace documentation needs.
- Policies: Put the right P&Ps in place, and know which laws apply to you.
- Training: Identify specific trainings for individual job roles, and requirements for compliance.
- Tracking risk: Different types of risk-tracking and who should be involved.
- Reinforcing behaviors: How to introduce enforcement and reinforcement of your new processes.
Through understanding these five essential elements, you can create a comprehensive safety program and a framework to work with your company’s safety professionals. Register now!
Jill James | Chief Safety Officer | HSI
As the Chief Safety Officer at HSI, Jill focuses on tracking / deciphering regulatory changes and trends, thought leadership, product, external relationships and internal training. Jill is host of the Accidental Safety Pro podcast and content creator of the Supervisor Safety Tip video series.
Jill’s 28-year health and safety career includes 12 years as Senior Safety Investigator with OSHA and several years in healthcare, education, biotech, life sciences and the poultry industry.