- This event has passed.
Gearing Up for Business Abroad
June 14, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 amFree
Most international business activities revolve around one of the five basic transactions: (1) the direct sales contract for goods and/or services; (2) contracts involving agents and distributors overseas; (3) the international joint venture; (4) the wholly-owned foreign subsidiary; and (5) licensing and transferring intellectual property and technology.
To avoid problems, a business must understand the advantages and pitfalls of each. This webinar will cover seven modules to help you understand these transactions.
- Module One – Understanding the Five Basic International Business Transactions
- Module Two – Financial Considerations for Overseas Operations
- Module Three – Negotiating & Drafting International Agency and Distribution Agreements
- Module Four – Drafting an Arbitration Clause for International Contracts: Do’s & Dont’s
- Module Five – The United National Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods
- Module Six – Overview of FCPA and International Anti-corruption Laws
- Module Seven – What you need to know about U.S. Antiboycott Laws
Seminar presented by Dennis Unkovich of Meyer, Unkovic & Scott LLP, Pittsburg, PA.
Seminar is free, but registration is required to attend!