- This event has passed.
Legal Aspects of COVID-19 Vaccination for Employers
February 19, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 amFree
An IRC Network No-Cost Special Topic Webinar: Legal Aspects of COVID-19 Vaccination for Employers
Join other small and mid-sized manufacturers from across Pennsylvania to get information and answers to your questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccination as it relates to employer/employee rights.
This event will cover topics such as:
- With respect to vaccination, what an employer can and cannot mandate.
- Vaccination documentation collection, retention and information-sharing requirements.
- How your company should respond to a worker who refuses to get vaccinated and how to identify and handle acceptable exemptions from vaccination (religious, health, etc.).
- Legal liability relating to any real or alleged “side effects” of vaccination.
- How to respond if a customer, vendor or co-worker refuses to work with a non-vaccinated employee.
- Overall protections that employers have with respect to vaccination and COVID-19 – and how to preserve them.
Featured Speaker: James F. Devine, Partner – Cipriani & Werner
Atty. Devine is a Cipriani & Werner partner with 25+ years experience in representing manufacturers in the areas of ADA, FFMLA, EEOC, PHRC, disciplinary action/discharge and other employment law specialties. He currently plays a leadership role on the firm’s COVID-19 and pandemic response litigation team, with a special focus on vaccination law. Atty. Devine received his bachelor’s degree from Franklin & Marshall College and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Cipriani & Werner is a multidisciplinary law firm with more than 150 professionals in 15 offices across eight states, including Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and Washington, DC.
Moderator: Eric J. Esoda, President & CEO – Northeastern PA Industrial Resource Center
This is a LIVE virtual event with ample time for audience questions. Attendance is FREE but access is limited, so be sure to register now!