- This event has passed.
Understanding Incoterms® 2010 & Creating Export Quotations
October 19, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$50.00
Incoterms® are standard trade definitions most commonly used in international sales contracts. The scope of Incoterms® 2010 is limited to matters relating to the rights and obligations of the parties to the contract of sale with respect to the delivery of goods sold, but excluding “intangibles” like computer software.
This workshop will review the strategic and proper use of the 11 Incoterms® 2010 rules from the perspective of the exporter. Attendees will learn how to use Incoterms® 2010 rules to aid their company in reducing risk exposure, shipping cost minimization and an increase in profit margins for export sales.
The seminar will cover:
- Introduction and overview of the 11 Incoterms® 2010 rules.
- Explanation of the new revisions compared to Incoterms® 2000 rules.
- Incorporating appropriate Incoterms® into your domestic sales transactions.
- Risk and cost responsibilities, from the buyer and sellers’ perspectives.
- Export and Import clearance obligations, from both perspectives.
- How to use Incoterms® to your advantage.
- Quotation building exercises in response to international RFQs.
Presented by Adam Mook, Compliance Department Manager, Logistics Plus, Inc.
If also attending AES-EEI event this same day/location, fee will be $75 for both events. Fee includes materials, morning refreshments and lunch.