- This event has passed.
Automated Export Systems (AES) – Electronic Export Information Filing (EEI)
October 19, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$50.00
Are you aware of the new AESDirect EEI filing requirements in the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE)? If your freight forwarder is filing the EEI on your behalf via power of attorney, are you obtaining the Internal Transaction Number and copy of the EEI filing for your export sales records? If you are filing the EEI internally, are you completing each field correctly and ensuring that the information is true and correct? Do you trust your buyer’s agent to file the EEI when required in the case of routed export transactions, or would you rather maintain control of the filing?
This training program is designed to provide a high-level overview of the AES and EEI requirements. The workshop educates attendees on the correct way to file the EEI in the ACE online portal. The seminar will cover:
- The New AESDirect in the ACE
- U.S. Federal Trade Regulations pertaining to EEI
- When is the EEI filing required and when is it not?
- Demonstration on the correct way to complete each filed of the EEI in the ACE portal.
- Discussion of routed export transactions and the EEI responsibilities of the seller, buyer and U.S. authorized agent.
- Best practices for communicating EEI compliance with your freight forwarder or authorized agent.
Presented by Adam Mook, Compliance Department Manager, Logistics Plus, Inc.
If also attending Understanding Incoterms event this same day/location, fee will be $75 for both events. Fee includes materials, morning refreshments and lunch.