- This event has passed.
What is ISO 45001? And What Impact Will It Have on Your Business?
June 10, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
In March 2018, a new international occupational health and safety (OH&S) standard, ISO 45001, was published. The standard, a result of a five year process involving more than 70 countries, seeks to set a new benchmark in global OH&S by providing effective, real-world solutions for worker safety. As a new global standard, ISO 45001 will continue to shape the health and safety profession and directly impact how organizations manage health and safety, both in and out of the workplace, through hazard controls and risk reduction. In other words, ISO 45001 is here and may impact your business whether or not you adopt the new standards.
The COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated how important workplace safety management is for your company. This webinar will provide an introduction to ISO 45001, including discussion of:
- How has the COVID-19 changed workplace safety management?
- What ISO 45001 is and how it fits into existing OH&S standards?
- Differences between ISO 45001 and its precursor, OHSAS 18001
- Why ISO 45001 matters and its impact upon your business
- Is it more important now, after COVID-19, to have ISO certification?
- Should your company come into compliance?
- How your company can come into compliance?
Travis Vance, Partner, Fisher Phillips LLP
Travis Vance is a partner in the Fisher Phillips Charlotte office. He has tried matters across several industries and various subject matters, including employment litigation, business disputes and matters prosecuted by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Travis has emerged as a thought leader in the field of workplace safety. His writing and interviews are followed closely by experts in the safety arena and have been featured in premiere publications such as Business Insurance, EHS Today, and the Wall Street Journal.