The What’s So Cool About Manufacturing? program is a video based educational tool that increases awareness of career paths in manufacturing. This innovative career awareness program is “peer marketing” – kids telling kids what’s so cool about manufacturing and manufacturing careers.
This contest gives students the opportunity to connect with local manufacturers, document their experiences and present them in an educational and “cool” way. The contest was created to generate excitement that draws students towards manufacturing career paths, and CTE and STEM education. The Central Susquehanna WSCM contest is made possible by the Innovative Manufacturers’ Center (IMC), The Foundation of the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce, Advance Central PA, Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit (CSIU) and BLaST Intermediate Unit.
This year’s Central Susquehanna contest featured schools from Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union counties and the following manufacturers:
- Girton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Playworld Systems, Inc.
- PMF Industries, Inc.
- Ralph S. Alberts Co., Inc.
- Strong Industries, Inc.
AND the Awards go to! (click here to view all the videos)
- Outstanding Overall Program: Selinsgrove Middle School/Bright Farms
- Viewer’s Choice: Selinsgrove Middle School/Bright Farms
- Outstanding Team Spirit: Danville Middle School/Strong Industries, Inc.
- Outstanding Brand Placement: Lewisburg Donald H. Eichhorn Middle School/Playworld Systems, Inc.
Two district and manufacturer partners will also be moving on to the statewide competition May 18th in Harrisburg: Selinsgrove Middle School/Bright Farms and Central Columbia Middle School/Kawneer.
CONGRATULATIONS to all!