- This event has passed.
How to Effectively Attract and Retain Talent
April 21, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Today’s talent market is more chaotic and competitive than ever. With the “Great Resignation,” employers have seen people at all levels leave their jobs in large numbers. Manufacturers across the country report a shortage of qualified workers. The market and societal forces behind these challenges are likely long-term and can’t be ignored. Your company needs fresh ideas to effectively attract and retain talent.
In this webinar, you’ll learn realistic steps to give your company a competitive advantage when it comes to hiring the right people. You’ll hear market insights to inform your recruitment and retention strategies, and get practical tools that any manufacturing company can put into practice.
In this webinar you’ll learn:
- Why some employees stay while others leave
- What really matters to your current staff and to potential employees
- What you can implement today at zero cost to your company
- Which best practices will help your firm in the current labor market
- How to consider work-life balance issues that matter most to employees
- Uncover novel approaches and sources for finding talent
- Learn how to write an effective job posting
- Learn new ways of communicating with the emerging workforce
- Discover the importance of keeping a pulse on your firm’s organizational health
- Understand how to develop career paths that attract and satisfy a diverse workforce
David Rea, Managing Director, Organizational Development
David specializes in helping manufacturers optimize employees through hiring, development, and retention best practices. With a training background in Industrial Organizational Psychology, he specializes in employee selection, succession planning, job analysis, employee engagement analysis, leadership training and compensation studies. Before joining Catalyst Connection in 2007, he spent six years as a senior consultant at a workforce development firm serving educational institutions, joint union/management committees, economic development organizations, government agencies, and corporations.
David has a B.A. in psychology from Gannon University, and an M.S. in Industrial Organizational Psychology from the University of Baltimore. He is certified as a DDI Leadership Facilitator, and an alumnus of Leadership Pittsburgh’s Leadership Development Initiative.
Todd Tommaney, Senior Organizational Excellence Consultant
Todd Tommaney joined Catalyst Connection in August of 2018. Prior to joining Catalyst, Todd spent more than 15 years in leadership positions in the manufacturing sector, including steel and laser optics. Todd is able to leverage his experience in the manufacturing industry into practical solutions. Todd has an M.B.A from Point Park University as well as a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. Todd is also a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and holds additional certifications in Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Leadership and Metallurgy. Todd takes the most pride in being a Coach that can create trusting relationships with our region’s manufacturers.