- This event has passed.
Leadership Lessons from a Pandemic – Leading a Changing Workplace
March 17, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
The COVID-19 pandemic took the world by storm. Under unprecedented circumstances, employers were forced to make decisions that may impact their workforce for years. Skilled leadership took center stage during these tumultuous times. Great leaders thrived. Others failed.
Businesses are beginning to reopen, presenting employers with new challenges as part of the next phase of the COVID-19 pandemic. Business guidance and legal requirements are changing rapidly.
This session will explore best leadership practices from the pandemic and what employers can glean from this time to lead a workplace forever changed. This webinar session will cover:
- How to Prepare for Taking Temperatures and Making Spatial Changes in the Workplace
- Handling Employees that Refuse to Work
- Assessing the Workplace for PPE, including face coverings
- What potential legal claims employers could face, including OSHA claims
- Handling suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases in the workplace
- Recording and reporting COVID-19 cases to OSHA
- COVID-19 Vaccine Issues
- How to prepare for the new post-pandemic workplace
Travis Vance, Partner, Fisher Phillips
Travis Vance is a partner in the firm’s Charlotte office. He has tried matters across several industries and various subject matters, including employment litigation, business disputes and matters prosecuted by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Travis has emerged as a thought leader in the field of workplace safety. His writing and interviews are followed closely by experts in the safety arena and have been featured in premiere publications such as Business Insurance, EHS Today, and the Wall Street Journal.