- This event has passed.
Proper Filing of the EEI through ACE/AES & Recent Regulatory Changes
January 13, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
Most exports from the U.S. require the filing of the Electronic Export Information (EEI) through the Automated Export System, not filing, late or inaccurate filings can mean significant fines and penalties. Although in the case of a “Routed Shipment” the buyer may have responsibility the seller always has either the actual obligation to file or ensure the filing is correct. In many cases the Freight Forwarder will file on behalf of the USPPI or the buyer when it is a routed transaction. When a Freight Forwarder file they take on the responsibility for proper filing based on information provided by the USPPI.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
- Receive detailed information on the new requirements
- Learn who is responsible to file
- When to file
- Proper information to file
- Learn what has changed due to Export Control Reform
- What to do if a filing must be corrected
- How to file when an export license, exemption or exception is used
- What are required and best practices for a Freight Forwarder
- And much more