- This event has passed.
Costing & Pricing for Competitiveness – CLASS IS FULL
March 22, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$225
This half-day workshop will teach participants how to update work center costing so that quotes have maximum profit margins and are marketplace competitive. We will walk you step by step through the activities required to translate your company’s financial information into accurate costs that become winning quotes. Learn the process that over 100 area manufacturers have followed to help them price their products and quote jobs successfully.
“This session provided a solid methodology for us to check our costing and quoting methodology – builds a simple but effective cost structure that provided us with a great comparison tool. The neutral third party approach helped us answer many questions that we had about quoting profitably.” Gary A. Schuler – Stein Seal
- Learn to calculate the full cost of employees and how to group or allocate them to avoid using factory-wide rates for direct labor
- Recognize the economic value of older equipment that is used every day but has no depreciation expense on the financial statements
- Segregate overhead to cost categories that are most relevant to how the company works
- Understand the impact of fixed and variable expenses on overhead allocation
- Combine these cost categories as they apply to the different products and jobs that you quote so that marketplace competitive margins can be optimized
Attendees will be provided a pre-formatted sample spreadsheet. This sample company will illustrate the key calculations that you will be making to create the work center rates that will support successful quoting.
Instructor: Harry Landsburg, Delaware Valley IRC
Class is full – Email email@example.com if you’d like to be added to the waiting list.