Join the SBDC and representatives from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for an introduction to patents and other intellectual property (IP).
Topics to be discussed:
- IP Overview – patents, trademarks, copyright and trade secrets
- Provisional patents – what is a provisional application, fees, requirements and
how to use a provisional application
- Patent Application Process – what a patent is, what is its role, the process of
filing an application and resources/tools that the USPTO offers
- Searching for Prior Art – introduction as to where to search, the benefits of
searching, and searching tools/strategies
- Claim Drafting – brief introduction on drafting claims for a U.S. utility
About the Presenter:
Jeanne Clark, Patent Examination Policy Advisor at the U.S. Patent and Trademark
Office, who serves as an editor for the Manual of Patent Examining Procedure
Click Here for more information and to Register.