The US is experiencing trade growth and regulatory changes with regards to Free Trade and Tariff Preferences Programs. The number of US Free Trade Agreements has and is growing. The pending Trans Pacific Trade Partnership (TPP) will add many new markets to the scope of the US FTAs.
Without a thorough knowledge of these programs a company can encounter delays, lost opportunities, and additional expenses due to compliance issues.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
• Increase the competitiveness of your product by lowering the cost to your foreign customers
• Learn how to determine the right FTA preference criteria for your products
• How to begin to prepare for TPP
• Understand how to establish the correct county foreign marking
• Navigate with ease through source materials such as Annex 401
• Correctly prepare FTA Certificates of Origin for all eligible exports
• Understand and comply with all record-keeping requirements
• Learn how to receive preferential duty treatments for your exports under FTA
• Employ regional value content to determine eligibility when RVC is an option
• Designating intermediate materials when employing RVC to assist in determining eligibility
About the presenter: Mr. Robert Imbriani, has over 36 years of experience in international logistics business and education. In addition to his role as Vice President of Corporate Development at Team Worldwide, he is also an Adjunct Professor at Baruch College and Pace University in New York