Association for Manufacturing Excellence
External Customer Focused Event:
Lean Office and Services – March 22nd – Pittston, PA
Benco Dental Company
Benco Dental, the largest privately owned, full-service dental distributor in the United States, has remained in the family since 1930—a family that now includes our more than 30,000 customers and 1,200 associates in all 50 states. It’s our mission to deliver success smile after smile. We provide more supply and equipment options than any other full-service distributor, an offering enhanced by a comprehensive suite of services, including office design, equipment repair, practice coaching, financing and project management, wealth management and dental-specific technology solutions. These services are supported by over 420 professionally trained sales representatives and 290 factory-trained service technicians.
TOUR and COURSE DESCRIPTION
One of the first steps to process improvement is to understand what the external customer values. That’s why communication with the external customer is critical in the change process. At this event, you’ll learn about Benco’s Lean Journey and how they focus their improvement efforts on the external customer using Lean Tools, in non-traditional ways. In addition, they’ll show how they used these tools in constructing their new World-Class Headquarters.
The facility tour in the morning will showcase Benco’s new, state of the art, 273,000 square foot world headquarters, distribution center and the largest dental equipment showroom in North America. The facility was recently awarded a LEED Silver Certification for Commercial Interiors.
A presentation titled “Extending Lean to Office & Services” will be provided in the afternoon, and facilitated by two-time Shingo Prize recipient Drew Locher who has authored two books on the subject. Participants will have an opportunity to define their ‘next steps’ after the presentation.
Who Should Attend
- Lean practitioners interested in seeing real-life examples of how voice of the customer has driven specific lean events.
- Anyone interested in learning how to deploy lean in the office or to services
- Lean practitioners interested how lean works in a mid-size, non-manufacturing enterprise
- Anyone interested in Distribution operations
- This is an opportunity to see how an organization has used input from customer surveys and other feedback to change processes in all facets of the enterprise.
- Learn how value stream management, standard work, flow, pull, visual management and other concepts can be applied to office and service environments.
- Identify next steps that can be taken back to your company to initiate a lean office & service effort.