- This event has passed.
2020 Employer Response to the Coronavirus
March 19, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
This webinar will review the facts, legal aspects and the many employment considerations that surround the potential of employee exposure to the coronavirus. It will cover two important areas of information for employers. First, Dr. Rachel Levine, Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health will explain the facts about coronavirus and how realistic it is that the United States, and Pennsylvania, could have a pandemic, as well as how the state is preparing. Then top employment law attorney Jonathan Segal, Partner of Duane Morris will present the legal perspective on what employers need to do to prepare, and if different rules apply to employment laws should a pandemic occur.
They will discuss:
- The facts: the symptoms of coronavirus, how is it spread, what healthy habits employers should be advising their employees to follow, how Pennsylvania is preparing should a statewide epidemic be announced
- What employers should be doing now to prepare and to protect their employees—travel restrictions; if schools close and employees have child care issues and cannot get to work, more
- Actions employers should take if an official pandemic is announced—telecommuting options, procedures for employees working from home, more.
- Employment laws that may be modified if an official pandemic is announced—employers still need to comply, but modifications and new rules may apply to the Family Medical Leave Act, ADA and other laws during a pandemic
- Best Practices employers need to follow to prepare and to protect their workers
Additionally, those seeking current information on the coronavirus can get it through the CDC’s website https://www.cdc.gov/. UPMC professionals have advised this is the most accurate and up-to-date information on the virus.