Create a Winning Safety Culture – A Road Map to go from Compliance to Commitment
May 19 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$169.00
A great safety culture is when effort goes beyond mere compliance and becomes commitment. Compliance is what we do because we have to. Commitment is what we do because we want to. Even with formal programs in place, manufacturers often struggle to get the outcomes they desire. Good leaders want to make an impact on their safety culture, but often aren’t sure how to do it. They need a road map.
This program is designed for manufacturers who do not have a full-time safety manager, leaders who want to invigorate their existing programs, new managers responsible for safety, and companies who know they can do better with making safety a bigger part of their culture. It provides a proven path for leading your company to a healthy safety culture.
- Learn 3 keys to bringing change and improvement
- Discover the links between culture, behavior, and reinforcement
- Get a practical road map for how to go from minimum compliance – to employee commitment
- Leadership drives culture, culture drives behavior
- Leader’s roles
- The links between culture, behavior, and results
- Three Keys to going from compliance to commitment
- Positive vs. Negative reinforcement
- Tell me how you measure me, and I’ll tell you how I’ll perform
- Beyond the written programs
- A point person
- Safety committee
- New worker orientation
- Toolbox talks
- Closing discussion and Q&A
Don’t wait until something bad happens to ramp up your safety program. Sign up today to learn about the proven road map for creating a winning safety culture.
Instruction provided by IMC Business Advisor Tim Davis. Tim has over 35 years of management and operational experience in manufacturing businesses in Central and Southwestern PA. Various career roles include Operations Manager, Safety Manager, HR Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Rep, Service Manager, executive/business coach and trainer. His areas of expertise include employee development, strategic planning, people skills, effective communication, leadership, safety, time management, sales and customer service.
This training may qualify for WEDnetPA funding with the full registration fee reimbursable for qualified participants.