- This event has passed.
Why Root Cause Analysis is the Cornerstone of Asset Performance Management
April 30, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Physical assets are capital intensive and for many organizations are considered to be the life blood of their business. No enterprise can expect to achieve peak performance unless these assets reliably perform at optimal levels. To achieve operational excellence your overall Asset Performance Management (APM) strategy needs to be proactive and effective. Many asset-intensive organizations continue to use break-fix maintenance plans to manage their production assets. Not only does this reactive approach increase cost through increased downtime and lost production, but unplanned shutdowns or failures can lead to environmental health and safety incidents. Good APM has been proven to reduce unplanned downtime, increase asset availability, decrease maintenance costs, and reduce the risk of failure for assets that are most critical to operations.
By including proactive Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as a core component of your APM strategy, you can improve:
- Availability – Assets are consistently available to perform
- Reliability – Assets perform their intended function consstently avoiding any operational interruption
This webinar will address the core components of (APM) and how an effective RCA process will support increased asset performance and cost control.
At the end of this webinar you will:
- Recognize the typical pitfalls/barriers/deficiencies in APM programs
- Understand how KT Proactive RCA Tools address these typical pitfalls
- Learn how to build a Collaborative Culture of Continuous Improvement